Monday, December 6, 2010

Week 28: Stripping, baby shower, more nursery fun

Stripping baby furniture that is! This is week which happens to be our lucky roulette number and our anniversary date so it should be a good week!:




According to What To Expect When Expecting baby is settling into the proper position for that Feb. 24 due date. He is about 2.5 pounds and almost 16 inches long. His skill set includes blinking, coughing, sucking, hiccuping, and taking practice breaths. He also now goes into REM sleep so he can dream.


We had another doctor's appointment this week - now being in the third trimester we see her every 2 weeks. The appointment went well, baby's size, heartbeat and mom's weight gain and overall health are doing great.

This is the week that we were asked to provide names for the shower invitees. This might have been the most stressful part of the pregnancy thus far - the last thing we'd want to do is offend anyone by inviting them or sending them an invitation if you haven't kept in touch. My second mom, Kelly and other good friends from my home town will be throwing the shower for me. Thanks friends! 
Organic baby rattle: http://goo.gl/3PsBa
The week went by far too quickly so we waited to start our nursery projects this weekend. We (by 'we' I mean Owen) stripped and sanded my old baby furniture so that next weekend we can repaint it a bright white and repurpose it for the nursery.
We also ordered the vinyl wall clings for the nursery from Etsy. There are so many great clings but we finally made our choice based on the size, color and style. I can hardly wait for these to come in which, since evidently I ordered them from Malaysia (that's not a joke... really they are coming from Malaysia), should be Wednesday of week 29.  

Etsy: http://goo.gl/Fl5lm
We bought the wood for the bird cutouts I'm making for the ceiling. But first I have to make a decision on which shape(s) to actually go with. These are some I have narrowed it down to:








After that is determined then I will be painting and/or fabric'ing those and adhering them to the ceiling.

During week 29 we have 2 Christmas parties to attend. I'm sure there will be a post regarding what I will be wearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment